Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19th

I felt busy today, but now I feel like I didn't get anything done. The Comcast guy came by to install internet (yay!), and of course I had to wait around a lot for that. I did some other stuff around the house, ran some errands, and suddenly it was 9 pm. I had to take my pictures inside because I didn't get around to them earlier. I feel like I'm a vomit of color a lot of the time, but today I went with something more muted: black jeans, black long-sleeve t-shirt, and this blue and black shirt, worn as a vest. It was pretty dreary this morning, and I wanted something warm and cozy. I liked the blue shirt as a vest. It might have verged on the smock-ish, but I think it worked.
This chair is one of my projects that I should really get on but seems like it will be a pain. We rescued this chair from the dumpster, but obviously it's missing a cushion, so I need to make that happen. Part of the reason I haven't started is that there doesn't seem to be a craft store in my neighborhood or very nearby, so I might have to drive to downtown. I'm also concerned that I'll have trouble finding batting that is thick enough at the craft store. I have an old blanket that I thought would make good filling, but I had to fold it over twice to get it thick enough for comfort, and at that point, it was too small. I should see if the neighborhood hardware store has cushions for outdoor furniture, but I don't want to pay much for it. All the cushions I've seen on amazon are over $50. It seems silly to spend much money on a cushion for a chair that was out at the dumpster. On the other hand, it seems silly to think that seems silly, since it should seem sillier to spend more money on a chair that already cost money.

No comments:

Post a Comment