Monday, February 14, 2011

Flower pin advice

Unfortunately, the flower pin is not robust to the abuses of the washer and dryer.
I couldn't find it for about a week, so I was a little relieved when it turned up in the last load of laundry but also sad because it didn't fare so well. The flower pin is dead, but since I have more of the same fabric, long live the flower pin I will make when I get a chance.

Speaking of which, I haven't had a chance to sew in a while. I have started a project for a friend who responded when I posted one of those chain "give something homemade to the first five commenters" things. I'll post that once it gets finished. Right now I feel like my time is sucked away by grading, trips to Chicago, and of course writing my thesis. Crafts have rightfully taken a back seat. But I did get a subscription to Threads magazine and was thrilled with the first issue. Good sewists and designers have amazing geometric imaginations. I am still reeling from the mind-blowing article about how to make a patch pocket without topstitching. I'm not kidding. It's really cool. I might have some more posts about math and sewing if I ever make it out of thesis purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment