Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another flower pin

I made this for a friend. I really need to get over to the post office to send it to her. The main reason I'm posting about it is that I think it's really interesting how different the color looks depending on whether there's white in the frame. I guess I have always had a vague notion that cameras automatically adjust color tone based on neutrals in the picture, but I had never seen it in action like this. I watched the display color shift as I moved the salt shaker in and out of the frame. It was pretty fun, actually. Anyway, the color on the right is the more accurate one. I used a fun button from my mom's stash for the center, and I sewed it to the pin before gathering the center circle, which seems to work pretty well for buttons that have a hole on the back instead of multiple holes through the whole button.


No comments:

Post a Comment