Sunday, October 2, 2011

September 30th

I wanted to end Self-Made September with a bang, so I wore these crazy pants. The fabric belonged to my mother in the '70s, and I used the same pattern as these pants, but took them in at the knees to make bell bottoms. The print reminds me of a Mondrian painting, so they have most frequently appeared as part of a Halloween costume. (I have gone as a Mondrian painting multiple times, solely because I have these pants.) There is the slight detail that Mondrian didn't use green, preferring primary colors, but I don't let that get me down. The pants are so loud and crazy that it's hard to wear them much in everyday life. The black shirt subdues them a bit, but they are a bit costumey anyway. My mother-in-law was in town on Friday, so she, Jon, and I walked over to the lake so she could see the great views we get of downtown. It was terribly windy, so the waves were huge and awesome but also sprayed us and made us cold.

These pants are not the most comfortable things I own. The fabric is a bit scratchy and has absolutely no stretch, so the waistband, which is very snug when I'm standing up, kind of bisects me when I sit down. Shortly after dinner, I switched to PJ pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment